Sunday, March 13, 2005

Oodles Of Doodles - or - Brooke Burke Is Playing At My House

The art world just came crashing into my living room, totally uninvited. I was just waking up, puttering around the house, thinking about how totally mindblowing it is that Rosie O'Donnell has a blog AND is a huge Kanye fan, and POW, in busts the fucking art world.

"You're NOT invited to the Damien Hirst opening," it said, suddenly and haughtily, throwing a high-collared cape over it's gaunt shoulder. Shit, I was kinda just minding my own business over here, art world. I offered it a cup of coffee, but it just turned up it's aquiline nose and re-arranged the sparkly dangly things.

"The Armory Show is DEFINITELY OUT. The -scope fair? NOT HAPPENING. PS1, you're TOO LATE," the art world scoffed, and slapped me across the face with a copy of the New York Post's weekend spotlight on art happenings around the city. The goddam POST is this focused? I scratched my head, tugged on my sleeve and asked the art world to kindly leave, thank you very much.

Turning on E!, my nostrils still burning with patchouli, I was delighted to find a re-run of "Wild On: Ibiza!" I smiled, taking a good slug of warm coffee.

Thank you, Brooke Burke.

Comments:
GT, I was in fact about to email you with the prediction that "x is playing at my house" would be the next catchphrase to take root among hipsters of a certain age. A local rag gave the new LCD record a 1 out of 10, an likened it to Kajagoogoo -- I thought of cursing him, but could not think of anything worse than being a music critic for the second string alternative weekly in a tractor pull town in the foothills of that Appalachians. Props to you for an "...is playing at my house" that actually scans.
 
so, yeah, this entry gets boring after you look at it for 30 days....
 
Keep it up. I enjoy your nice blog. check out my sports yeti site. It pretty much covers sports yeti related stuff.
 
Hey nice info you posted.
I just browsing through some blogs and came across yours!

Excellent blog, good to see someone actually uses em for quality posts.

Your site kept me on for a few minutes unlike the rest :)

Keep up the good work!

Thanks!.
 
There is alot of Blogs, I never guessed I'd find some usefull information.

Thanks.
I'll be back later to see if anymore good updates are available.
 
I love blogging! DO you?
 
Good Blog, you have lots of good content. Keep up the good work.

I have a blog too it is aboutcar insurance uk.
 
I love when I find usefull info. Thanks
 
I am totally nude come see me. Take a bit for all pics and movies to load.

Why do I do this I like to make men blow their jiz in their pants.

Visit me.性爱
 
Nice blog with interesting topics. I have a website that offers alot of controversial topics here. Just go to the links page and look for "Video Reviews"
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?